Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome to Summer!!

I have friends that blog that do a weekly review. I love this idea of weekly reviewing what has gone on in my life I'm just not on top of my blogging enough to do it every week. But, this past week had some significant events. So, I'm going to do a little review.
  • On Tuesday I got to go an Bud's last field trip to McDonald's. It was fun, they got to play at the play land, eat and go on a little tour. Who knew McDonald's has a basement!
  • On Wednesday Bud graduated from Kindergarten. He loved school this year and had an awesome teacher.
  • On Thursday (the last day of school) Bud's class went to the park and played water games and had ate lunch. I of course forgot my camera that day! It was loads of fun and Emma, Matthew and I got to join them.
  • On Friday a friend of ours had a group over to play on their new water slide!! Now Emma will tell you she had a great time, but she only went down twice and had to have someone go with her.
Bud on the other hand went down a ton and loved it!!
  • On Saturday we had an open house for my cousin and his wife. It was a lot of fun and it gave me the excuse I needed to clean my house.

During my week I was looking for a couple of quotes and came across this on by President Thomas S Monson and really enjoyed it. It's taken from a wonderful talk called "An Attitude of Gratitude"
“The past is behind, learn from it.
The future is ahead, prepare for it.
The present is here, live it.”

All in all a pretty decent week. We'll see how this next one turns out and maybe you'll get to read another weekly review!!

5 comments:

kjha said...

great quote...I need that one! I'll get you the pictures of the fun day at the park and you did a great job on the party!

Rosie said...

What a fun week! And I really enjoyed that quote, I think I will print it out and hang it on my fridge:)

michelle said...

It sounds like such a fun week! I love that huge water slide!!! That looks soooo fun! Thank you for sharing that quote this morning. It really was what I needed to read this morning. :)

All8 said...

What a busy week and a great quote!

The HousewifeTravels said...

Great review. The wedding pic is gorgeous.