I am a DIY, HGTV & Food Network junkie! I have no problem admitting it. I could name the majority of the shows and which are my favorites. I could tell you how to renovate, redecorate, cook, bake, eat at a variety of restaurants, etc.
Back to the renovate bit though- I can tell you how, but can't actually do any of it :(. Neither N8 or I really have any handy skills. I like to think I do, but we are much more likely to hire someone rather than tackle a bit job for our home.
Recently we purchased 3 ceiling fans. One to replace and existing fan, one to put where there was only a light fixture and one where there is no electrical currently in the ceiling. After we purchased them, I called an electrician to get a quote of how much it would cost to install each of the fan.
The breakdown- $90, $156 & $266!!!! Seriously!
So this past weekend N8 and I decided to tackle part of the job:

(N8 removing the old fan and putting up the correct fan box)
And ta-da! A new and non-brassy fan!

and a fan for Bud's room (Mo & Emma's rooms got fans a few years ago).

We are now in debate on if we should try to install the 3rd one on our own. We'll see...
Here's another little project (more decor than renovation).
Here's our entryway wall before:

and here it is after:

Now I just need to train the kids (and N8) to hang their stuff up on their hook! So far, I am much happier with the additional hooks. I'm still deciding if I need to put something above it all.
Back to the renovate bit though- I can tell you how, but can't actually do any of it :(. Neither N8 or I really have any handy skills. I like to think I do, but we are much more likely to hire someone rather than tackle a bit job for our home.
Recently we purchased 3 ceiling fans. One to replace and existing fan, one to put where there was only a light fixture and one where there is no electrical currently in the ceiling. After we purchased them, I called an electrician to get a quote of how much it would cost to install each of the fan.
The breakdown- $90, $156 & $266!!!! Seriously!
So this past weekend N8 and I decided to tackle part of the job:
(N8 removing the old fan and putting up the correct fan box)
And ta-da! A new and non-brassy fan!
and a fan for Bud's room (Mo & Emma's rooms got fans a few years ago).
We are now in debate on if we should try to install the 3rd one on our own. We'll see...
Here's another little project (more decor than renovation).
Here's our entryway wall before:
and here it is after:
Now I just need to train the kids (and N8) to hang their stuff up on their hook! So far, I am much happier with the additional hooks. I'm still deciding if I need to put something above it all.
3 comments:
What a clever idea to put up personal hooks. Looks great!
So you could find an electrical engineer friend to do the electrical part for you and trade with babysitting, vinyl or cookies!
Just so you know, W. once worked for an electrician if you want help with future ceiling fans.
Post a Comment