Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of school!!

Today was the first day of school for Bud and Emma. Emma is now in 1st grade.

She said she was excited, but I could tell she was a little nervous as well. Luckily there are kids in her class that she knows from last year and we got the teacher we requested, Mrs Karakas!


Bud is now in the 4th grade.

Last night he was nervous, but today all he wanted to do was find his friends. He has Mr Grizet and I'm excited for him to have a male teacher.

I had 3, 1st, 2nd and 6th grade. I think it is a fun change and am hoping it's a good fit. Today we had to go back to the classroom twice for things he forgot and make a phone call to a friend for another part of his homework he forgot. I'm hoping that once he gets into the groove this won't be a continual problem!!



2 comments:

Merry said...

Oh, your kids are growing so fast! What a sweet baby boy! It's nice to see some familiar faces. We miss you guys.

Lucy Schouten said...

I like the glasses on Benjamin. He looks intelligent and ready for 6th grade.