I was selected through MommyParties to host a Neon Tiki Tribe party. The kids were excited to have a few friends over, eat some treats and check out the books.
First off they all tried out the glasses. (all of the glasses were pretty flimsy and seemed to fall off quite easily, but they still enjoyed them).
We talked about each of the Tiki's and the girls quickly decided they were both going to be "Tia" while the boys were more interested in what kind of powers they glasses gave them.
After a few donuts
They sat down and checked the books out. They all decided that they should give a copy of "Bullies: Playground Push-Around" to their elementary school councilor who has been doing assemblies teaching them strategies on helping those stuck in a bully situation, or how to get out of a bully situation.
Katie won the tshirt by guessing the number closest to my number and Simon won the poster!
All in all they all enjoyed it and I think they will enjoy reading the books. Some suggestions/ideas/concerns on my part: these are not AR books which the students at our school are asked to read and most students are checking books out from the library and these need to be accessible that way.
I was selected through MomSelect and was given the books, glasses, etc to try out. All opinions are my own.
I was selected through MomSelect and was given the books, glasses, etc to try out. All opinions are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment