I'm the Box Top Coordinator for our school. That means I'm in charge of collecting, counting and submitting the Box Tops for our school. It's something that I can mostly handle from home and allows my to still feel involved with the school since they usually don't let younger siblings into the classroom to help.
In October I sent off our big shipment and in December we got our check, just over $1200!! We use that money to help get the teacher additional school supplies so it doesn't come out of their pocket. So, last week I put a note in each of their boxes with a list of items they could choose from (as well as an "other" line for items not listed). I had a place for their name (although one teacher forgot!) and reminded them "if you ask you shall receive, I cannot purchase you items until you tell me what you need". On Thursday I placed an very large order through Amazon, Oriental Trading and Becker's School Supply.
Then the boxes started coming!! Lots of boxes!! And there are still more to come!
This tall box is all Kleenex!
The kids have loved playing with the big box and so have the kitties!
Where's Puma?
The Box Top program is such a simple and easy way to "fundraise" without asking parents to purchase expensive trinkets they will never use. Yay for Box Tops!!
No comments:
Post a Comment