The kids and I were home for just a couple of days before we headed back out on a trip to Phoenix. We were headed to my parents house (even though my dad is in Idaho for the summer) to go through some of my mom's belongings. Things like clothing, sewing things and crafting items.
We headed out on Wednesday. The kids with tablets and movies to keep them occupied and I put in ONE headphone and listened to and audiobook of Sense & Sensibility as well as Pandora. We made decent time and got to the house in about 7.5 hours. Pretty normal. Luckily my sister had been there a few days prior and had turned the AC on, I just had to turn the water on. Since the water had been off, this is what welcomed us in the bathtub-meet GECKO!
While my sister and went through things the kids stayed busy swimming in the neighbors pool and playing dress up!
We also sent them out to weed the front flowerbed by bribing them with Popsicles!
One afternoon we did head to Costco for lunch and the kids loved trying out the furniture.
In the evening my sister, niece and I watch the newer BBC version of Sense and Sensibility. It was awesome!! I highly recommend it!
On Friday afternoon it cooled down slightly and the humidity left, so the kids headed out front and made a chalk city! They hope it's still there when we go in December.
It was great to visit with my sister, it was a good thing to get things taken care of at the house. Now we're planning on staying home for a while!!









No comments:
Post a Comment