Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas band concert

Last night was Benjamin's first concert (besides an in class one back in October). We had him practice over the summer buzzing and learning the scale but other than that he had no prior musical knowledge.
 Yesterday I asked him what "chair" he was in the trumpet section. He didn't know what I meant, so I asked "Are you the best or the worst trumpet player, or somewhere in between?" His reply "Oh, I'm the best!". He seems to enjoy playing and has caught on pretty well. It helps that N8 can help him practice when needed as well!
It's hard to tell, but he's in the back row just right of center. 
I posted the pictures on facebook and Benjamin's friends mother posted this "S tells me that all of the kids in his class think that Benjamin could move up to concert band because he is so good!"
Pretty Proud!!

No comments: