N8 is always looking for a new race to run. My niece was also looking to run something. So, N8 found a 1/2 marathon closer to them and they both signed up and trained. Benjamin had a math competition with the math club on Saturday and Matthew had a soccer game, so Emma and Henry got to head out of town with Dad on Thursday afternoon.
Matthew and I took advantage of Dad+2 away and Benjamin at scouts and used a free scoop he got from soccer at Baskin Robbins!

I'm pretty sure Emma and Henry had a non-stop fun time with cousins!

.jpg)
.jpg)

Friday night here at home we watched a Star Wars movie and had pizza. Saturday Benjamin and I got up about 5:20 am so he could be ready for his pick up at 5:45am. They were driving to Bakersfield to spend the day doing a Math day competition. Matthew and I went to his soccer game (where his time scored their first goal of the season) and then to a primary activity. He had a friend over to play and I did some chores.
N8 and Casey were busy running away in Alemeda. Nate completed the Marathon in 1:31 a 6:54 pace. It turned out that he came in 3rd place for his age group!!


This was Casey's first 1/2 marathon and she did an awesome job!

I picked up Benjamin from the school at 5pm, he got in the car more excited than he ever is :) because he had won a trophy! He came in 3rd place in the Triathlon Games (he competed playing circle tic tac toe and mancala)

Nate, Emma and Henry rolled in about 10:30 and basically headed straight to bed!
A busy full weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment