Sunday, June 14, 2009

What we're "Up" to...

We had grand plans this week. N8 went on travel to Raleigh. This was his first time there and unfortunately Nate and Amy are away for the summer! He was suppose to return late Thursday night to LA. I was planning on driving down Thursday evening and checking into his hotel. BUT- the weather, airplanes, airlines, etc are never predictable. He got to spend another night in Raleigh, checking backing into another other hotel after leaving one that only had smoking rooms left. I ended up driving down Friday and picking him up right from the airport. We made it to quite a few stores this trip. Here's the run down: Payless Shoes, Target, Sonic, REI, Micheals, Mall Food Court, Disney Store, Gap, Gymboree, Jack in the Box, Sport Chalet, Smart & Final, McDonalds, Petsmart, Costco, Smart & Finals (again!), Super Walmart and Soup Plantation!!! Luckily for our bank account items were not purchased at each location!!

We also took the kids to see UP while we were in Lancaster. I thought it was great! I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed the storyline and the animation! Both Bud and Emma really liked it. Mo we pretty wiggly through the first half, but napped through the second half.


Now we need to see A Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. We also want to see Angels and Demons and both N8 and I are really looking forward to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. In fact last week I decided I needed to read it again as a little refresher. I read it in 2 1/2 days and couldn't stop. I had to pick up and read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! I finished it in 2 days!! (again this is why I don't take the time to read. I do nothing else!!!).
This week we'll see if I manage to get other things done. I've started reading Twilight finally, but (sorry Amy!!) haven't really gotten into it. Instead I need to deep clean the van, plan our meal for our reunion and organize our hall closet!!

6 comments:

turning about said...

Wow, you guys went to a lot of stores! I am with you on the reading, I don't read much because of the guilt of not getting much else done.

Shelby said...

Wow! That's some serious shopping! Since you are the 3rd blog in a row that has mentioned "Up" I guess I better go see it! We just saw Angels and Demons. Pretty good. I've always been a little fascinated with the Catholic church (not joining, ha ha), but some of their practices are just interesting to me. Let me know what you think when you go see it!

kjha said...

Holy Cow! Could you please post your tips on keeping kids happy through that many stops! Would love to know your secret! Good luck on this weeks grand plans!

The HousewifeTravels said...

Stick with Twilight. It gets better.

Verity said...

I took the kids to see UP last week, too. I wasn't expecting it to be so wonderful! We loved it!

theloulie said...

Whoah, that's a lot of shopping. Glad you got to see UP at a decent theater.