Thursday, November 5, 2009

Let the Christmas crafts begin...

Ok, I know it's just beginning of November, but if you want to have your decorations up the entire Christmas season you have to have them done early! I saw the idea for making an ornament wreath on Nannygoat and knew I wanted to make one. I hadn't read the tutorial, but saw the picture and figured I could figure it out. It turns out I did it differently then the tutorial she posted (they used a wire hanger). So today I headed over to my local Dollartree and purchased one foam wreath and $7 in plastic Christmas ornaments. I already had glue sticks and some Christmas ribbon.

First I removed the little plastic tops from the ornaments.

Then I started gluing ornaments around the center and then around the outside. Then fill in the spaces.

In all it took me about 30 minutes, 4 mini glue sticks and $8 ($7 in ornaments and $1 for the wreath!).

They have some pretty silver, blue and purple ornaments there, I might have to make another one! I got a mix of 3 small (5 to a package) and 4 large (12 to a pack with 5 left over) ornaments. I also got a foam cone to see If I could make an ornament tree!!

So break out your Christmas crafts and get cracking so you can enjoy them the entire month of December!!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I saw this the other day and have been contemplating making one too. Yours turned out great!

The HousewifeTravels said...

Awesome. Seriously, that is so cute. P.S. Buy the Glee c.d.. SO good.

Kim said...

I exclaimed with delight when I saw your wreath. I love Christmas wreaths! Yours is so cute. I have to have one.

A little old house said...

Prettier than the store-bought ones I have seen. Thank you for the lovely tutorial!

Ratliffs said...

So pretty!!! I just might have to make one!! :)

Amy said...

Nice job! It looks easy enough, but honestly, could I do it? You know what I mean, I'm a crafting retard.

Verity said...

Wow, that is really, really, really cute. How did you do the ribbon part? I may go get the supplies and then drop by your house so you can help me. :)

caroltones said...

did you get your bulbs at Walmart and just the wreath at dollertree?