Thursday, January 21, 2010

Once there was a snowman...

It finally snowed! It's been raining on and off for the entire week here, which is very unusual. It's been a nice change, something different that warm and sunny. Today happened to be the most rainy day. As Emma, Mo and I headed outside to pick Bud up from school though, the rain looked heavy. Not, raining heavy, the raindrops were heavy. And they weren't raindrops, it was snow!! As I drove to the school, I thought that knowing Ridgecrest, it would be done by the time I got home from school pick-up! Well at school pick-up I couldn't even get out of the van. The entire right lane by the school was flooded and almost over the sidewalk. So me and the kids sat in the van and waiting for the bell to ring. While we waited the snow started sticking!! By the time we got home our grass was starting to look white!!
These are the first pictures I took. I took them thinking I better take some now before it stops!

These were taken about an hour later when the HUGE flakes started coming down.




Then N8 came home from work and the real snow fun began! Building a snowman:


We haven't been here for a good snow fall for about 5 years or so. It's fun to have every once in a while. Of course I know it will probably be gone in the morning!

Here's a shot from our last snow storm of record. Bud was pretty little!

We'll see what tomorrow bring. More snow, more rain-we'll see, as long as it includes a babysitter in the evening, it's all good!

7 comments:

kjha said...

That's very fun and exciting! Great snowman and cute pictures.

Amy said...

Nice snow man!

Kim said...

Looks like fun! I called Ricky to come home early so I could play in the snow but had to settle for just looking at it through the window.

Karen said...

I must say, you have some pretty adorable kids. If I wanted to be self-centered I'd just say I have some pretty dang cute nephews & niece!

Verity said...

Loved your pictures! :)

turning about said...

It was a fun afternoon wasn't it! You guys did great with the snowman.

Nancy said...

That's almost as much snow as we have. We get some..it melts mostly away the next day..then we get another inch or so...then it melts away....I want sunshine or a big blizzard. Love your pictures. I'll be self-centered and say I have a wonderful niece!