Monday, March 15, 2010

Going, going, gone...

Out of my 3 kiddos, only one has had a serious bink addiction! For Mo it's been since the beginning. Right off the bat he was sucking a bink while hanging with his friends:

or just chillin'


But as of this last week, we are bink free!! We started with only night time use and have now made it to no bink at all! I can understand him and see his goofy smile without a bink in the way-yeah!!!

6 comments:

kjha said...

Congratulations! It's such a pain to get rid of sometimes...glad it worked for you!

The HousewifeTravels said...

If only I could do the same with Joey's fingers! I curse my SIL for recommending fingers over a bink. What was I thinking? Oh yeah, I was thinking that I'm exhausted with three kids and his self soothing is nice. And now he's 5! Yikes!

Megan said...

I guess I have to find a new game to play with him now!

The Nate and Sara Project said...

That was pretty fast, and hopefully painless! Way to go, Mo!

Amy said...

Congrats on that milestone! He's so cute!

More News at the Funny Farm said...

Someone told me once to actually do it when they are between 8 to 12 months old. I tried it with my last one and it was so QUICK! I have had many thumb suckers and binky suckers. The last one was the easiest I have ever had and he was 10 months old when we took it away. Worked great! All the others we had a routine - after 18 months only at nap time in bed, take it away after about 2 1/2. Throw them away and you get a big kid badge!! It worked good but still took more time than taking away at 10 months!