Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kit Crafting....

I've been in a little crafting slump lately but this week I did two different crafts that were fun, but basically came from kits. The first is for my mom for Mother's Day (sorry mom if you're reading this and getting a preview!). I'm not even sure how I came upon it, but thought it was the perfect gift. I found it here at My Family Tree @ Etsy.

I don't have the best handwriting and was going to have someone else do the writing for me, but ended up using vinyl. I did my parents, siblings & nieces/nephews. Now I just need to get a frame and mail it off!!

My other craft is a birthday banner! I gave my paper choices to Ashley and she cut all of the pieces out, then I assembled.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. She got the ideas from here: emmie cakes. If I were serving in YW I might just have to order her YW Values banner!
What I've been working on the most is our bedroom rearranging. It's been tough and taking longer than I want it too! I hope by this weekend to be at the point of painting Buds new room. All of my craft stuff has now been relocated to the master bedroom. I'm still working on where it's all going to go.

After that's done I really hope to make a few of these from Crap I've Made:
Click on the picture for the tutorial!

2 comments:

Ratliffs said...

I love the family tree! It's on my list for my MIL's birthday! Great idea to just use vinyl! Good luck with your bedroom remodel...I know exactly how you're feeling! (We're still not quite finished!)

Kim said...

Love how your kit projects turned out!