Saturday, May 22, 2010

Craft: Grad Gift


As the school year is wrapping up it's time for graduations! This I have two of my beautiful nieces graduating from high school. They're both in AZ and I'm heading over this next week to stay with my mom so that my dad can attend both. We're very proud of their accomplishments and wanted to get the something fun, yet useful. They're both headed up to BYU (Go Cougars!!) in the Fall. I know when I was up there I was always needing to write down things coming up, phone numbers, or just doodle!
So I made personalized white board/magnet boards with some fun button magnets for each of them!
Here's Erika:

and here's her white board:

and button magnets:

and here's Lucy:

and her white board:

and her button magnets:

for the button magnets I purchased buttons from Walmart and used super strong magnets glued on with a strong adhesive like E6000. I purchase my magnets from this site: Deal Extreme. Their prices are awesome and shipping is FREE!! But shipping does take a while (for me it was about 3 weeks) so plan ahead.

We're super proud of both of them and look forward to seeing what their future holds!

2 comments:

Naomi Martineau said...

These are super cute. I'm slightly jealous of this grad gift.....anyway. I love that you chose this picture of Erika to put on here because this was her "angry at dad for taking so many pictures" face. Love it! haha

caroltones said...

neat,your craft was is lots nicer than my craft gift.