This past week I got to go and spend some time with my family. N8 with the help of Kim and some other friends watched the kids. It was strange to go without them, but it was what was best. With two nieces graduating from high school, I went to stay with my mom so my dad could attend. My mom is doing really well and getting stronger everyday. Hopefully this will help since she will begin chemotherapy soon.
While I was there, my assigned project was to organize my parents mission pictures and create a slideshow. My mom and I got right to work. Unfortunately, we were using a VERY SLOW computer. This made the process very slow, but it did get done!!! It was great getting to sit with my mom and go through all of their mission pictures and create the slideshow. They have have a 35 minute slideshow set to music of their last 18 months as missionaries. We made copies for each of us kids, now I need to sit down with N8 and the kids and watch it and tell them about all the neat things Grandpa & Grandma did while serving.
Here are some of my favorites (it's hard to narrow it down):
They are both more than happy to talk to any senior couple thinking about serving a mission. They tell it like it is-the good and the bad. If you know of someone interested, they'd even put in word for them to go to their mission-The West Indies. Their mission is acquiring Barbados and need a new couple there and are always wanting more senior missionaries to help in spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.
On Saturday both of my brothers and one of my sisters families came and we grilled and visited. I hadn't seen then since New Years. It was fun to visit and some of the kids enjoyed cooling off outside in some water!
On Sunday my mom felt well enough to attend sacrament meeting. This meant I got to go to the ward I grew up going to. It's had a lot changes over the years. Lot of people I grew up knowing have moved out and the boundaries have changed a lot so there were also people I knew from the stake growing up. It was fun to see everyone so excited to see my mom!
While I was away N8 stayed busy. The first 3 days he went to work while Bud was as school. Kim was gracious enough to watch Emma and Mo. N8 got the kids signed up for swimming lessons, went to the school open house, the park, worked outside in the yard & garden, went on a hike, helped cook at the ward Memorial Day breakfast and I'm sure a lot more!
I was a LONG drive home. A drive that usually takes us 7 hours took about 10 due to terrible traffic. Now there are only 2 more days of school and we have the entire summer to play, plan, craft, clean, swim, and sleep!








3 comments:
I'm glad you got to go see your mom. Despite the circumstances it sounds like you had a great time! I hear N8 missed you a lot.
Great pictures. I'm glad your mom is feeling a little better!
I'm glad you had the chance to see your parents again. Can't wait to see the mission slide show.
Post a Comment