Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm blue....

Well actually Henry was yellow and they made him stay under some blue lights! On Friday my sister Karen took off in the morning and that afternoon I was called and told to go in at 4pm for another bilirubin check. We decided to give Henry his first sponge bath before I had to go. His hair makes a fun little mow-hawk!

It turns out that Henry was pretty jaundice which meant he was admitted to the hospital and put under these:

He had to stay under the lights with only a diaper and those cool little foam shades to cover his eyes. I could pick him up every two hours when I could feed him. He really tolerated it well and only had to be under for a little over 24 hours. We came home on Saturday night totally exhausted, but happy to be home. We still have had to do blood checks for Sunday and today. Hopefully his numbers are where they need to be and we can be done taking him in. They poke his little heal each time and it's to the point that they don't really have anywhere else to poke!

But he's been a real trooper through it all. Emma was able to get his picture of him earlier today!!

8 comments:

Ratliffs said...

He is such a cutie!

The HousewifeTravels said...

adorable! I'm sure you know this but keeping Katie next to a window when we were at home really helped. It was torture to leave her in this suitcase full of lights on our table but atleast we weren't in the hospital. They need to upgrade around here.

The Nate and Sara Project said...

What a trooper! Poor little guy, the heel pricks are the worst. I hope his numbers are where they should be now, too! For you guys and for Henry!! I'm so impressed with Emma's photography skills; I can't get over that precious smile!! Here's to you guys staying home for awhile! :)

kjha said...

That last picture is so adorable! Glad you are home...wish we could see you all!

turning about said...

He is a super cute baby! Hope that you don't have to go back in either! You have such a cute family.

theloulie said...

What a trooper and a cutie! Hopefully you will be able to catch up on some rest.

Kim said...

Henry's expressions are so adorable! Glad he is doing better.

Amy said...

I'm glad that he did so well for you and that he is doing better. He is sure cute!