Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Burros and baptism and blessing oh my!!

I will start with a warning that there are a TON of pictures in the post. There were just TOO many fun ones I couldn't decide!


We had quite an eventful weekend. First we started with a hearty breakfast. N8 was super excited to use his new griddle on the CampChef:


Then we headed out to our local Burro Rescue:

After that it was onto the main event of the day~Bud's baptism!!!
N8 was a little nervous, but did great (so did Bud!).

We were SUPER excited that my parents were able to make it out:

We also had my sisters family come from Northern California:


Bud had another friend that was also getting baptized. Her mom had the towels made for each of them:

Here he is after his baptism:

Then on Sunday we had Henry's baby blessing. Here's the whole crew:

And our family:

And Grandma with Henry:

He was very well behaved through the whole thing :)

We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Our children as well as parent, siblings, cousins, etc. Having the Gospel as a part of our life and having the knowledge of the plan of salvation is a wonderful blessing too. Knowing that these are the people that we know and love now and they will be with us forever. I am grateful for Bud's choice to be baptized and excited to see him grow in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Henry in his short life has already brought us joy and I look forward everyday to see him grow and learn.
Here are a few more fun pictures from the weekend:

4 comments:

Verity said...

So happy for your family--what a wonderful weekend!

theloulie said...

How fun to have both events happen on the same weekend and to have family come to share it with you! I'm sorry I missed the baptism, I'm sure it was wonderful.

Mrs. Buv said...

What a great weekend. Glad your mom was up for the trip...what a trooper. :)

Merry said...

We blessed Alyssa and Baptized Garrett the same weekend too. Your children are beautiful! Miss ya.