Saturday, September 10, 2011

¡Fiesta!

N8 and I in our decided to put forth an effort of fellowshipping for our Ward and throw a Fiesta!! Anyone and everyone was invited to attend, but especially those of Latin decent. I spent the week decluttering, cleaning and figuring out what recipes I would make. All the while friends were RSVP to the Facebook event.
Finally Friday arrived and we had 23 guests (some spouses were separate, some together + kids) say they were coming. Plus we knew of a few more not on facebook that planned to be here. It's hard planning for an undetermined number of people!
I decided to make Blueberry Empanadas and Polvorones de Canele (Cinnamon Cookies). I really liked the empanadas, the cookies were so so.

Guests began arriving around 6:20pm and just kept coming!

We had 2 large very full of candy pinata's and lots of children waiting the give them a whack!


When the last friend had left and we got the kids off to bed N8 and I made a quick list of everyone that came at one point or another. The grand total~115!! I could not believe it. We had a great time and hopefully everyone that came did as well. I really think we need to do these gatherings a little more often!!

No comments: