Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving in Vacaville...The Temple, Prep, Thangiving & Black Friday!

The next morning we went on a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory.  We've been there countless times, but it never gets old. I love the smell of sugar in the air!
That evening we left the kids with Casey & Taylor while Ray & Karen, N8 & I headed to the Sacramento LDS Temple. It was so nice to go with N8 and not have to travel so far. We did take pictures on N8's phone, but his SD card decided to crash after that and we lost the pictures!! For dinner after the temple we went to the Cheesecake Factory and I do have pictures of some cheesecake!
Wednesday was our Turkey day prep! N8, Ray and the kids headed out to a bounce house
 
 
while Karen, Casey and I did some cooking. Casey & I made some rolls:

And Karen & I, in our efforts to fulfill N8's request for something blackberry, made a blackberry cobbler.
Thanksgiving morning was foggy and drizzly, but we were up and ready to cheer on our Turkey Trotters!! N8, Karen, Casey, Taylor and Bridget all ran. N8 ran the 10k and the rest ran a 5k. This is a Thanksgiving tradition that began 4 years ago! They all did awesome.
Thanksgiving dinner was a wonderful feast!!
That afternoon was filled with perusing the ads for the best black Friday deals and talking to family on Skype. Henry loves taking on Skype and wanted to be right in the middle of things.
That night we left the house right about 8:30pm to start our Black Friday shopping. We headed to the Vacaville Outlets first. There we hit: Bath & Body Works, Osh Kosh, Carters, Gymboree, Jelly Belly, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, Puma, Eddie Bauer & Corelle (I did NOT make purchases at all of the stores!). Then it was off to Target. Wow was that a LONG line. We were there about 20 minutes before opening (11:40pm) and the line was across the front of the building, down the side and around the back alley. After Target it was back to the outlets (they had staggered opening times for the stores) and we went to the Crocs store!! We made it home in one piece, right about 2:30am and got a bit of sleep!!

On Friday morning Karen, Casey and I headed over to JoAnn Fabrics to score some cheap flannel. That was about a 2 1/2 hour stay! Then it was back to Crocs for a switch for a wrong size. We made it home just in time for the crew to leave for the Muppet Movie. Karen & I stayed home with Henry and watch Sister Wives (a very interesting show! I had never seen before!). Then we headed to Kohls and later Walmart & Sams Club. 

What a great time. We always love visiting Karen & Ray and their family. Emma had tears as we drove away and all of the kids wondered when our next visit will be. We are looking forward to seeing them and many more of our family in Arizona after Christmas!

2 comments:

Naomi Martineau said...

Sounds like fun! Wow you guys did a lot of shopping!

Megan said...

1. Did you find me any Croc flip flops? (Holy cow that was a lot of shopping--and at odd hours, too!)

2. What do you think about my cousin Janelle now? *grin*