Saturday, May 19, 2012

A morning ride...

 
About a month ago N8 and I decided it was finally time for us to get bikes. The kids had bikes, but neither he or I did. Since he is having to take a break from his running addiction while an ankle injury heals (no running for 4 weeks), he has taken up mountain biking. A friend from the ward had a bike that he was willing to sell N8 that was in good condition. They have been biking up in our hills several times a week, biking 10-15 miles each time up some pretty good hills.
I decided on a turquoise and white beach cruiser from Walmart (both the fun color and larger, comfier seat were an influence). We had some other friends that were in the market to sell their bike trailer, we tried it out, liked it and bought it from them.
Now we can all go out as a family on our bike. Also, Henry and I have been out several times while the kids are at school for a ride just the 2 of us.
This morning we had signed up to help clean the church building. I decided it would be nice to ride over to the church. N8 was running a little late from his morning ride so the kids and I headed over. They all did well. Mo has a harder time keeping up which meant I was riding really slow. It's hard to ride really slow pulling the trailer! But we made it and were only about 5 minutes late and the other 2 families cleaning with us hadn't got their yet either.
For the way home N8 took Henry in the trailer and I rode with Mo. It was a beautiful morning for a ride!
 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great idea! I'll have to remember that for next week when we're due to clean...

You've definitely gotten us all into riding. Couldn't have done it without you!

Kim said...

What fun! I love that last picture of Mo. So cute.