On Sunday morning we got our earliest start of the trip. We were up and out of the trailer by about 6:30am and on the road (kids still in PJ's) headed for a new state-Oregon. Neither N8 or I (or the kids) had ever been to Oregon. Our only reservation-you can't pump your own gas!! Crazy isn't it! We made it to our first stop of the day just after lunch in another drizzly/misty rain. We quickly grabbed our umbrellas and headed out to see Multnomah Falls! When I googled things to see in Oregon, Multnomah Falls was always on the list and I know why, it's gorgeous!
Right in the middle of the bridge is an orange shirt-that's Henry, along with N8, Emma and Bud:
Now they're all of the right end of the bridge!
Next we headed through Mt Hood National Forest. N8 was dying to get a peek of Mt Hood (we had already seen Mr Rainer and Mt Baker on the trip as well):
Finally we ended the day in Bend,OR where we checked into our hotel and then headed over to another one of my Aunt & Uncles. Two of my cousins and kids were also there. It had been more then 7 years since I had seen any of them. We had a great time visiting and having dinner. The kids loved playing and getting their wiggles out!
On Monday morning our trip was almost done! For N8 it was the last day of driving. We were heading back to California. But before we made it to California we had one more major Oregon stop- Crater Lake! It was one of the other "must see in Oregon" things.
It was beautiful, a little chilly, but beautiful! It is a lake that was created by a collapsed volcano that has then been filled with water through rain and snow over thousands of years. And boy do they get snow! We had to pull off for a few snow shots!
Can you tell he misses snow?
The beautiful lake!
The entire trip I had been trying to spot a deer (or some other 4 legged animal along the way). As we were leaving Crater Lake I finally saw a deer!
We ended the drive by seeing Mt Shasta (and getting a geocache at the view point!)
That night we stayed with my sister and then N8 headed to the airport early Tuesday morning to leave for the east coast for work. My sister and shopped the day away and I drove home Wednesday morning.
My facebook status when we got home was: 3,726 miles, 9 states, loads of visiting family, hotels, campers, lakes, sun burns, etc...and we're home!!
We had an awesome time and loved every minute of it. It's good to be home, but it's hard to get back into the groove of life-maybe next week.
I think we're all missing this:





No comments:
Post a Comment