Friday, March 14, 2014

Round 5...

Just after we returned from Phoenix from our New Years trip I knew. I knew that our lives were about to get turned upside down in a fabulous, wonderful and scary way! We were going to be a family of 7!! 
We don't tell people right away. N8 and I kept it a "secret" discussing when we had a moment alone. I would sneak a nap in the afternoon while the kids worked on homework and they didn't seem to care or notice. I spent my evenings debating if fighting the urge to barf was better or worse than actually doing it. 

Then on Monday we broke the new to the kids:


Nate was tasked with figuring out how to tell them. He turned the webcam on our TV on and we started FHE. When he told the kids Henry would be a big brother it only took Emma moments to figure it out. "Mom's having a baby!" Benjamin quickly noted "We'll fill up the van!". Yes, yes we will!
On Wednesday my sister family was coming into town for a few days. I also had an afternoon Dr appt and worried that they might arrive while I was gone. I was time to break the news to family. 
After getting a look at the addition on the ultrasound and seeing all was well and looking good, I came home and N8 and I started making phone calls. He called his dad, I called mine and the news was out. We continued to call (or text) family and N8 edited the video for Facebook to share with the rest of our family and friends. 
It's nice not to harbor our joy and excitement.
I'm kind of freaked out about having 5 children. How will we fit, will I have have "me time" again, will this baby be a sleeper. But we know this will be awesome, Emma loves the idea that maybe, just maybe she'll get a sister (we won't know until the middle of April), babies bring such joy and will complete our family!
So, we're in for round 5!
Sept 2014 is going to be a crazy one!

2 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

Congratulations you crazies! Excited for you.

Mrs. Buv said...

Congrats! That's very happy and exciting news!