Monday, August 13, 2007

What TV does to children...

So unfortunately I have had less energy than I would like. The result is that my kiddos watch too much TV!! They have an interesting group of shows that they enjoy. Much more educational than the shows I used to watch when I was little. Their most favorite show to watch is "The Magic School Bus".
What a great show this is. Bud has become interested in prisms and is constantly asking if he can have a glass to shine the sun through. Yesterday he was talking about his bones and joints and how they make his body move!! Much more learning than on the Smurfs!!

Another new addition to our TV viewing that we've found is "Pinky Dinky Doo". The first time the kids watched this I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the end. Every episode concludes with a review of the 'great big fancy word' and the story line. Teaching comprehension and vocabulary right there!!

Their other fav is the new PBS Curious George.
Recently we have made a bazillion hats, eel houses, bird homes, boats, all relating to different Curious George episodes.

I'm glad that since I am a mother lacking in energy and motivation, at least I have a way for them to learn new things!!

3 comments:

Lupe said...

Educational tv is fun! So cute about Bud's inquiry about prisms. He'll learn more with each episodes, that's for sure. ;0)

All8 said...

My kids love the magic school bus. So much fun! I used to watch the smurf's too, at 5 am Saturday mornings. How lame is that?!

Sometimes you can find old chandelier glass that Bud could use as a prism. Didn't they do that in Pollyanna?

michelle said...

First of all congratulations on the news! Having another little boy around the house will be a blessing! How fun! I had my nephew here day before yesterday. He loves to watch the Magic School Bus, and George, so cute!