Sunday, August 5, 2007

Another one bites the dust...

A Sunday that it. Why do weekends go by so quickly? It was a great weekend though, pretty boring, but we need those every once in a while right? N8 and I finally made it to the movies to see the latest installment of Harry Potter and we were not disappointed. For some reason I really enjoyed Luna Lovegood's character. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_Lovegood I thought the young women that played her did a wonderful job portraying Luna. I'm glad I had finished book 7 before seeing the movie. Knowing the end result of everything gave an interesting perspective. Finny thing when we got home, our sitter was dead asleep on the floor. N8 had to practically shake him awake. Luckily both kiddos were sound asleep already.

On Saturday we spent most of the morning running errands. We also tried out 2 places in Ridgecrest we had never been to before. We've lived here over 5 years so this is a rarity for us. First the recycling center by Walmart was closed so we went to a different one, essentially a dump in the middle of town. I had no idea it was even there!! We also went to lunch at the Golden Ox. We drive by this place everyday. It's a tiny little restaurant with an old faded sign that almost makes you think it's closed. But, this place always has people there. Anytime of day there is someone sitting down eating. I have to say they make a mean patty melt and Dr Pepper.

I taught RS today. I felt as though it went well. Just a little quote to sum up my lesson
There is no discipline in all the world like the discipline of love. It has a magic all its own.
Pres. Gordon B Hinckley

N8 leaves on the 5am flight headed to MD for a few days. Luckily he's only gone until late Wednesday. Then on Thursday morning we get to have an ultrasound. Hopefully this kid cooperates and we can find out what flavor we're having!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh I hope you can find out! My sister is having her ultrasound on the 17th and her biggest fear is not being able to find out! Has Ridgecrest grown alot in the past 12 years or so? Jeremy went there for a baseball camp when we were in highschool and said that their wasn't much to it.

n8'swife said...

Well, it depends on your definition! Our population hovers around 30,000. We have Walmart, Kmart and Mervyns and 3 grocery stores (two are the same chain, Albertsons). You can drive from one end of town to the other in about 15 minutes. We've been here just over 5 years. We hear in the Clinton era, things were pretty bad. With defense spending cuts a lot of people were "let go" or transfered. People we owing more than their house was worth. Luckily that's not the case now and we've actually been in a little housing boom!

Lupe said...

Luna is a fave charachter of mine in the book and now movie.

I love those 'hole in the wall' type restaurants. Great food! My hubby found a few Mexican places in Lancaster. Yummy!

Pres. Hinkley's quote needs to be hung up on our wall! A great reminder.

I'm eager to hear what you'll be having!!

michelle said...

I thought I would stop by, and say Hi! I'm Michelle or Momaz from MC. I love the quote you shared from Pres. Hinckley. I think I willwrite it down to keep. How fun that you got to see HP! I too really enjoyed that movie.