So I love to sew. I'm not very good and until lately have constantly battled my sewing machine. A friend was cleaning out her grandparent house and came upon her grandmothers old machine. She, her mom and sisters are great sewers and all have very nice machines, so she passed it onto me! It's like a whole new world of sewing for me. I can bind a quilt without the thread constantly breaking and with more than a straight stitch!! I'm finally using some of the bins of fabric that have been gathering wrinkles for the past couple of years. So, here are a few baby blankets that I've finished over the last week or so. (Here's a small disclaimer: I am no expert, and still can't sew in a straight line to save me life!! But I enjoy it and it's a great stress reliever for me!)






There are 4 sister in my ward expecting right now. Only 2 of us know what we're having, the other two are leaving it for a surprise. I'm trying to get done what I want for our little guy, plus something for each of these sisters.
This is one thing off my to-do list from yesterday!
6 comments:
I am so impressed! You did an amazing job. This is on my learn to do list and hope I can tackle it before Xmas. GREAT JOB!
You did great!!! You got so much done, especially with how busy you are. A good machine makes all the difference. What brand is it?
Which one is for your little guy?
all8, it's a Brother-electronic machine. I've had 3 other garage sale machines and none of them have ever worked out right!!
I'm keeping the Jungle Animal one and maybe one more! I haven't decided yet.
You are soooooo talented! I love these blankets!
Those turned out so cute! I couldn't remember if I commented on your birthday post but if not, Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment