Here you go:
1. 25 things about myself seems like a lot of things. If it were about my kids or my hubbie I could write this list much quicker!
2. Speaking of husband and kids, I have been married for almost 8 years, some days I think wow it seems like it's been a lot longer, but most it seems like just last year. But then again we have 3 kiddos, good thing it wasn't just last year!
3. I am a stay at home mom to my 3 kids. Benjamin is in the 1st grade and is really doing well in school, except when he is daydreaming, falling out of his seat or picking his nose. Emma is in preschool and can't quit talking. She seriously talks more than anyone I know! Matthew, or mister distructo as I have taken to calling him is now past the walking stage in quickly moving to the running stage.
4. I live in the middle of nowhere. Now people say that, but really I do. The closest international airport is 3 hours away, the closest mall is 1 1/2 hours, so is the closest costco. And not only is it the middle of nowhere, it's the middle of the desert.
5. We live here for the job (obviously, why else would we live in the middle of nowhere!!). Nate works at NavAir China Lake. He's a physcist, but does a lot of computer programming.
6. To help keep myself occupied when my kids aren't demanding my attention I started a small vinyl lettering business. www.vinylchitchat.com It gives me an excuse to craft!
7. Speaking of crafting!! I love to do crafts. I have tons of fabric, paper, beads, you name it. It's my creative outlet.
8. To go along with the crafting...If I could met a famous person it would totally be Martha Stewart! I don't hold the fact that she has served time against her. It just makes her life history more interesting!
9. My other pastime is blogging. I enjoy writing about our family happenings, or my latest craft. But I mostly do it because I can't keep up a journal. This is the closest I come! Here's the blog btw- http://n8swife.blogspot.co
10. I also am a blog stalker. My bookmarked list of blogs is embarrassingly long. Some of of people I know, but there are quite few random people that are just an interesting read!
11. Because of the vinyl business, blogging, deal sites, message boards and of course facebook- I spend a lot of time on the computer. Now at church they've asked me to keep up our ward website. Yet another reason to be at the computer!
12. I would rather be on the computer or crafting instead of cooking. I like it once the meal is made, but I haven't quite found the joy of cooking yet. This is why my family eats a lot of quesadiallas for dinner!
13. I do enjoy baking, but most of the time it just chocolate chip cookies. I feel like I have perfected the art of making chocolate chip cookies. I have long since stopped using a recipe and I don't even measure half of the ingredients anymore!
14. Even though I'm a stay at home mom I am educated. I got my BS in Early Childhood and Elementary Education from BYU. Nate and I both graduated in April of 2002 and moved to California a week later.
15. I have never had a full-time teaching position, but I spent my last semester at BYU subbing at local elementary schools.
16. Because of that subbing experience I now know I never want to be a 5th or 6th grade teacher! Those kids really stink after recess! They hadn't learned about the invention of deodorant!! My pick would be 1st or 2nd grade, or a preschool teacher.
17. I am a cat person. I love cats and would be just fine if there were no dogs in the world (sorry to all of you dog lovers).
18. My childhood cat, Emily, lived to be 22 years old (that's human years!). By the time she died she had lost quite a few teeth!
19. We have 2 cats.- Pichi and Paccha. Pichi means armadillo and Paccha means earth in a native Peruvian language Nate spoke on his mission.
20. We've also had 2 other cats- Penny was a great cat and suffered a very tragic death. Cat vs garage door. The garage door won. Nickel was a naughty kitty and pooped everywhere. He quickly got taken back to the shelter for someone else to deal with!
21. I secretly, or not so secretly now, enjoy reality TV. My list includes: Americas Next Top Model, Bachelorette, Bachelor, The Amazing Race, American Idol and now even True Beauty! I'm not sure how I love True Beauty, but I keep watching!!
22. I hate wearing shoes. If I have to be wearing something it's sandals. Birkenstock, Crocs (flip flops) and Chaco's are my preferred sandals.
23. I wore Birkenstock even in the snow while at BYU. I'd just throw on a pair of thick socks and put an extra pair in my backpack for the walk home.
24. I love Jane Austen Novels. I've read all but one of her books (Emma, I just haven't been able to get through it for some odd reason). But I really don't read anymore because when I do, I don't stop. Then I don't take care of my family. Family comes first!
25. My favorite movies have kind of a strange range: Pride and Prejudice (both versions, it all depends on my mood and how much time I have!), Beauty and the Beast (and honestly almost any Disney flick), and So I married and Ax Murderer.
3 comments:
I love your list! I'm glad you blogged it, that's a good idea, maybe I'll do that too if I don't get too lazy!
I need to send Tyler over to do crafts with you! I like doing crafts, but not everyday.
Just got my cheque for $500.
Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn filling out paid surveys online...
So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys to set the record straight once and for all.
Post a Comment