Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Faith is like a little seed...


So, Bud has this fun book called "The Usborne Big book of Science things to make and do". He loves to look through it and find different experiments to do and things to make. I will admit that sometime I do the projects a little begrudgingly, but we did a fun on one Sunday and extended it out the Family Home Evening last night. On Sunday we had watermelon as part of our dinner. I somehow mistakenly got a seeded watermelon. My kids spent dinner picking the little black seeds out with their fingers because they didn't want to swallow them! Bud was quick to point out though that they wouldn't grow in your stomach because there wasn't any soil in your tummy! Smart kid! So with the saved seeds we make "beany bags" (which were really "watermelon bags"). You stick a damp paper towel in a ziploc, but a few staples in to hold up the seed and throw the seeds in. I will admit to not being really confidant that these will grow, so yesterday I picked up a few other packages of seed that might be a little more probable to sprout!

Here are the watermelon seeds:

Here are the pumpkin, bean and pea:

They're taped up on our sliding door so we can watch their progress!

N8 is on travel this week so I had to do a craft! Ever since we painted our fireplace wall there has been an empty spot above the TV begging for something. Yesterday I did this. So far I like it:

Also, I needed to swap out my snowflake magnets and made these:

And Kathryn and Bruce, watch your mailbox- I finally sent off your free stuff. You're both getting your own set of flower magnets!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great craft! It looks good and those magnets are really cute. You'll have to update on the progress of your seeds!

kjha said...

Woohoo! you are such a fun mom... I hope to my 'give away' some day. I bought the stuff, now I just need to get it done.

theloulie said...

I love all the ideas!