Even though this hasn't been a flex weekend it has been (so far) one of the more pleasant and calmer weekends we've had in a LONG time! It seem to be rare that we have TIME! There are always meetings, activities, etc, etc. It's been super nice. Now we do still have Sunday and Monday ( :) for getting MLK off work and school!) but so far so good.
Last night we had two families over and we had pizza, visited and played games. We didn't play our typical Settlers or even Ticket to Ride. The kids played some Wii (they love Wii Sports Resort) and the big hit for the kids was Plants VS Zombies! At one point a different child was playing on each of our 3 computers!

Then some of the big kids played some Mario Kart :)

We have really had fun with the Wii! We hadn't had people over for quite a while and it was nice to sit and visiting, laugh and enjoy the evening.
The added bonus was that Henry actually slept pretty decent last night as well! That meant a nice evening followed by a nice night!
Today was a beautiful day and N8 decided we all needed to go for a little hike. This was Henry's first hike.

He really enjoyed it!
We passed a track that looked interesting. Probably a dog, but it was fun to tell the kids it might be a cougar!

Here they are at the top of the Mountain, I mean hill!

We were on the hunt for a geocache and Emma was the winner, she found the box!

Taking a rest on some rocks:

We came home a washed the van inside and out and tonight we watched Despicable Me (cute movie!). I can only hope that tomorrow and Monday will be as pleasant!
Last night we had two families over and we had pizza, visited and played games. We didn't play our typical Settlers or even Ticket to Ride. The kids played some Wii (they love Wii Sports Resort) and the big hit for the kids was Plants VS Zombies! At one point a different child was playing on each of our 3 computers!
Then some of the big kids played some Mario Kart :)
We have really had fun with the Wii! We hadn't had people over for quite a while and it was nice to sit and visiting, laugh and enjoy the evening.
The added bonus was that Henry actually slept pretty decent last night as well! That meant a nice evening followed by a nice night!
Today was a beautiful day and N8 decided we all needed to go for a little hike. This was Henry's first hike.
He really enjoyed it!
We passed a track that looked interesting. Probably a dog, but it was fun to tell the kids it might be a cougar!
Here they are at the top of the Mountain, I mean hill!
We were on the hunt for a geocache and Emma was the winner, she found the box!
Taking a rest on some rocks:
We came home a washed the van inside and out and tonight we watched Despicable Me (cute movie!). I can only hope that tomorrow and Monday will be as pleasant!
4 comments:
So glad Henry slept! I'd like to take credit for the baby massage but seeing how tired you all were, I'm sure it was just desperation for sleep.
Thanks for a fun evening! :)
I'm glad you guys could have a weekend to breathe!
We've had a few weekends like that lately, where we're all shocked and happy to find the calendar "clear" for a couple of days. It is HEAVEN! Glad you've been able to enjoy yours to the fullest!
What a great weekend you guys had!! We love that movie! I've enjoyed bumping into you whenever I'm out lately! :) Now I'm going to start looking for you... :)
Post a Comment