Monday, July 30, 2007

Home sweet home...

After a fun, but exhausting weekend, we're back home. It had been WAY too long since my entire family was all together (about 6 1/2 years!!!) . We began the reunion with quite a bang. As we drove into the Bryce Canyon area we saw dark clouds up ahead. Soon enough we were driving into a very heavy rainstorm. Now I know I'm from the desert, but this was HEAVY rain!!

When we finally made it to our campsite, mom and dad, and Ruth and Jim's family were there. We arrived with Karen and Ray's family. Luckily the rain slowed down enough to sort of set up camp. Slowly everyone else arrived.

One thing no one skimped on was the food!! We ate well. Each family was in charge of either a dinner or breakfast. We ate, grilled chicken, breakfast burritos, taco soup, potatoes and eggs, pulled pork sandwiches and monster muffins!! No diets on this vacation.

On the two days we were there we did 2 different hikes. We did a hike in Bryce Canyon. What beautiful country this is. I did this hike, but probably should not have. In the end I'm glad I did, but probably not the best hike for a pregnant woman. The 2nd day we did a hike in Escalante National monument to a beautiful waterfall. This was well worth the effort!!

We have decided that we will have a reunion every other year and start with the oldest in charge. Here's to 2009!!

3 comments:

Lupe said...

Welcome back! Whoa, your family sure does know how to eat! Yum!!! The family reunion sounded like a big hit! Although I'm shaking my finger at your for doing that hike! Yikes!!

Lupe said...

Okay, your slide show is working for me now.

The scenery is BEAUTIFUL!! Your family looks like they're having a BLAST!!

jeremyandleslie said...

Sounds like so much fun! Loved the slide show - still can't believe your Karen's sister! Too funny ! It was fun to see pics of everyone! I'm impressed you did that much hiking while preggo - you go girl!