So, I hadn't realized how long it had been since my last post. Geeze, I'm behind. But that seems to be my life story of late!! Who knew have a 3rd child could through things off this much! Ok, I knew, but wasn't prepared. A few things that have made like easier though: school has started again for Bud and our weekly activities (playgroup for Emma and music makers) begin again this week. My kids need social interaction. They must have inherited this need from their daddy. I have a need to get out of the house everyday (usually to run errands, etc) but they function much better if they have some sort of social interaction each day. Unfortunately, their mommy (me!) isn't very good at making sure that happens.
So, I had a sigh of relief on Monday morning when Bud left for school for the day. But it only lasted for a moment before I realized what I still had in store for me this week! But we're now 2 days in and I'm still surviving. I just finished up dishes from dinner. We had the missionaries tonight. I hadn't signed up for quite a while because it seemed like I could never find a day that N8 was in town. All 5 loads of laundry from yesterday are folded and I swept and swiffered the floor today (of course we had rice with dinner, so I need to sweep all of that up again!). Now, just a little more cleaning before I host our first enrichment recipe share group at my house on Thursday. I just have to remind myself that it's a great excuse to clean my house.
So, here's to a new week, a new year and new things....
4 comments:
Wow! 5 loads of laundry..done. I'm impressed! Along with all the other chores. Whew! I hope you find some down time to relax!
I'm with Lupe, hope you've been able to have a little down time.
Rachel,
It took me a few years to realize that I shouldn't cook rice after cleaning the floors. Oh how I miss my tile floors.
Sorry your week was so hectic, but glad to see you are still keeping busy. How was music makers? I forgot to ask.
It sounds like you have been a busy Mama! Good for you for getting 5 loads of laundry done! I think you just inspired me to head into the laundry room, and get to work. :)
Post a Comment