Apparently this a phrase that gets said in our house. I never realized that I said or that N8 said it. But then one day when Emma was pitching a fit, I hear....Oh crap... over and over an over!! Well after I tried not to totally bust up laughing, I promptly told her this is not a word that we use. It hasn't helped and she thinks it's just like any other word. Today right before sacrament meeting started my cousin was holding her and our it comes... oh my goodness. Guess maybe that's the new phrase that needs to be adopted in our house!
This week there is of course lots to get done:
- laundry (seriously, is it ever done!!)
- Organizing our guest room (it's amazing what preparing for guests does to you)
- Tape the RS vinyl projects
- Work on a flyer for the RS birthday party
- Decide on and start my RS lesson for March (any topic ideas would be welcome)
We didn't sit down and watch of the President Hinckley's funeral. Funerals are something I try and avoid. But I did switch to it and see some of President Monson's remarks. During that he said one of my favorite scriptures. It also happens to be one of my mom's favorites and it was my Grandma's favorite:
3 John 1:4 I have no greater
ajoy than to hear that my
bchildren cwalk in truth.
7 comments:
That is so funny! I say that alot and when my kids do, I always chastise them not to say it:)
DO as I say, not as I do!:)
I have to say, it was funny to hear your kid saying how they were not supposer to say "Oh crap"! Good luck on your lesson! I'm teaching a 'love one another' lesson in our YW this week.
oops...I just wrote supposer...I mean supposed. I shouldn't type one handed while holding the baby...
Yeah, we say that alot too. Although, it couldbe alot worse! Thanks again for the vinyl! Good luck with your lesson.
Same thing happened to me too. Crap is a word I use a lot and now my 6 year old knows that it is a word to use only in our house. My laudry won't go away either. Good luck on your to do list.
Maybe Emma learned it from me before I moved. I still say it. Maybe I should flick myself with a rubber band every time I say it.
That is funny! Kids will say the darndest things! I too need to work on laundry. What fun stuff did you make for the RS with the vinyl?
Post a Comment