Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cock-a-doodle- WHAT!?!?!

Well the 4th of July has come and gone and so have my thoughts of getting a restful night sleep! Ok, so the 2 don't really go hand in hand, but there was something with the timing of the holiday and my sudden decline in better sleep. Is it my whinny terribly sleeping 7 month old- well he does actually play a large part in this issue. But actually the more annoying part of this problem are the chickens, yes I did type chickens.

It seems that sometime this past week, the neighbor we share a back fence with acquired a couple of chickens. This includes a rooster! I have not seen them with mine own eyes, but Nate has sneaked a peek through the fence and has lifted the kids up over the fence to check them out. This morning the cock-doodle-doing started at 4:23am! Yesterday N8 ended up sleeping the wee hours of the morning on the guest bed since it is farther away from the darn chickens!

I don't know what we're going to do to remedy this problem, but we need to figure something out quick. I am rapidly going more crazy than I already am!! We're trying to convince our neighbor to invest in a be-be gun. That or we might toss their dog over our fence!

Thanks for Kathryn for having us over on the 4th and passing on some cute pictures!

This is Mo's 2nd time in the pool. He's figured out how to chill!


I also found some cute matching shirts at Walmart so we could be festive on the 4th!




So, here's to a good nights sleep and a great week!

9 comments:

Lupe said...

I can't get over how darling and grown your kid are getting! 7 months already???

I also can't over chickens in the desert! That would not go over well with me either!

Kim said...

Maybe you can gather some other neighbors to talk to the chicken keepers about getting rid of their loud birds. 4:23! Crazy.
The kids look cute in their shirts. Matthew is adorable and really knows how to relax in the pool. Super cute!

kjha said...

Good luck with the roosters! Yikes! What cute kids you have...

The HousewifeTravels said...

Animal Control Baby!

Rosie said...

Love the chillin in the pool with the glasses picture.....it looks like it is summer!

You can eat chickens, your neighbor has some, sounds like dinner!!

theloulie said...

I can't believe the whole chicken deal. That would make me so mad. Have to come up with some plan that ends with you saying to your neighbor..."oops, was that your rooster? I'm so sorry"

Merry said...

I am so sorry about the chickens. I have the same problem with a dog next door. Maybe we should tell our neighbors to keep their animals in the house until at least 7AM. Can you imagine chicken poop in their house!!!

Christina said...

SO sorry about the chicken's. That rough! I would be tempted to have some bbq chicken, if you know what I mean. The kids are adorable! Growing so fast!

Amy said...

I miss having the 4th at your house. I don't know anyone who BBQ's chicken better than your Nate. So that is my solution to your problem. Of course, your aversion to raw food might be heightened if you have to pluck a chicken AND prepare it. Oh well.

Oh and Mo is really cute. I can't wait to see him!