Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We made cheese!!

No really we did! Well, ok I photographed Ricky and Kim making cheese. But it was in my kitchen with my stove and utensils, doesn't that count! Last night Ricky and Kim and the Calls came over and we made mozzarella cheese, pizza and breadsticks. What an interesting and amazing process that cheese making. http://www.cheesemaking.com/store/p/169-30-Minute-Mozzarella-Ricotta-Kit.html
That's a link to the kit that Ricky and Kim have and used last night. The pizza was good and it was a fun experience.

I was also able to snap a cute picture of Mo playing ball!


On another note, on Sunday a letter was read in sacrament meeting about the upcoming ballot issue for the California Marriage Amendment. We were not residents of California during Prop 22 but plan on fully supporting this upcoming measure. Here's a website with more info: http://www.protectmarriage.com/
WE, THE FIRST PRESIDENCY and the Council of
the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage
between a man and a woman is ordained of God
and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan
for the eternal destiny of His children.

http://www.lds.org/languages/proclamations/family/start_here_0.pdf

5 comments:

theloulie said...

I haven't heard of anyone making cheese before, how did it turn out?

Cute picture of the little guy!

n8'swife said...

It turned out pretty darn good. It was softer than I'm used to, but it made for some great pizza.

Kim said...

I just posted some pictures on our blog of the first cheesemaking experiment and added a link to your blog. Hope that's okay. Thanks again for letting us make cheese at your house. It was lots of fun.

kjha said...

How fun! I want to try it sometime. My friend made her own yogurt once but it wasn't that great so maybe cheese would be better!

Lupe said...

I LOVE cheese! So cool you know people who can make it. Not cool when people you know cuts it..lame, I know..sorry :)