Monday, October 20, 2008

Being Political & Prop 8



So, I would have never thought of myself as politically involved. And to be honest I would have never thought of myself as being politically knowledgeable. This election has really changed that. I read all of the proposition information, I have researched candidates and have actively participated in an important issue within this election.

Prop 8 has taken a lot of time, energy and $$ from many people here in the state of California and I wholeheartedly believe it will all be worth it in the end with a positive outcome. Helping the the Yes on 8 campaign has been inspiring to me. It has helped me to see what it is like to feel passionately about something and sharing it with others.

This weekend I was planning on standing with others on street corners with Yes on 8 signs. When I arrived to help out I found that they needed another person to walk in our local parade and pass out Yes on 8 fliers. So me and another sister walked through the crowds and passed out a huge stack of fliers. What a wonderful feeling it was to know that I could have helped inform another person on this pivotal issue.

It's getting close and the fight is getting tougher. Here locally we're having a lot of our yard signs stolen or defaced. It's not the time to be a fence sitter. Take a stand and let your voice be heard!!



I saw this video on You Tube and thought I would share. It puts a "humorous" spin on the entire issue. But in the end lays it all out there. Marriage should be between one man and one women.



Enjoy!

6 comments:

mytee sooperox said...

love the video! good to see there is still something to laugh about all this!

kjha said...

I'm so proud of you for being involved! I was asked about Prop 8 at Enrichment and I got a little passionate about it, felt a little dumb later, but good that I knew enough to explain everything. The video is funny, yet very sad if it ends up being that way. Take care! We miss you guys.

Kim said...

Great video! Thanks for being a good example of involvment and activism.

Amy said...

I'm very impressed with your involvement and dedication. You rock! I liked the video too!

theloulie said...

I will be so glad when this is over, I sure hope it passes.

Merry said...

You are a rock! I love your example. We must fight for the right!