Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy happpy birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENJAMIN!!

October 3rd 2002 my little guy entered the world. The day before a friend came over to visit with me. I had light contractions throughout most of the afternoon. N8 called me before he left to come home from work to see how I was doing. I remember telling him to go get a haircut (he chose to come home instead!). We headed to the hospital at about 7pm. Benjamin was born at 1:04am 7lbs 11oz.

There are a few funny things I remember about my labor and delivery. N8 might remember things a little differently though! I remember Dr Williams coming in just before his shift ended at midnight and saying "it looks like you need something...here you go!" He gave me some nubane through IV (I don't do epidurals!). A little while later another doctor came in to check me. She told me I was at a 5 and she was going to break my water. She broke it and then immediately started counting. I was dilating as she broke my water. I remember that she kept telling the nurses she needed the bed higher. I remember feeling like I was 4 or 5 feet off the floor, I'm sure it wasn't that high it just felt that way! Just minutes later I was pushing and moments after that holding my sweet little guy!

From Oct 3 2008

Now here we are 6 years later. I'll post later pictures and details of the Pirate party!


4 comments:

turning about said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin! Great pics of the apple orchard. Looks like it was a great time.

loricjensen said...

I can hardly believe it's been 6 years. Wish we could be there to celebrate. He has always been such a cute boy. great job on the slide show and story of his birth.

theloulie said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin!

Amy said...

Okay, I am seriously teary over here. I'm watching that video thinking, "I remember that shirt, I remember him wearing that, there is their old table." I miss you guys so much and I really miss Abby and Benjamin together. What I wouldn't give for her to have been at that pirate party today! Happy Birthday Benjamin! You are loved clear across the country.