Sunday, November 16, 2008

A time for change...

So we're at that time of the year that where the weather is changing, the time just changed and we're experience a very drastic change in our church callings. Well mine hasn't actually changed, but we're assuming!!

This morning at 7:45am we received a call to meet with a member of the stake presidency at 9am. So, of course you go through the list of what kind of thing they could possibly want. But, N8 was just released as the assistant scout master and put in as scout master about 2 months ago. I was released 3 weeks ago as the 2nd councilor in the RS pres and called as the 1st councilor. So were were not expecting any sort of change. But it came anyways!! Today N8 was called to be the 2nd councilor in the Bishopric!!!!!! can I add more!!!!!! Can we all say SHOCK!!!! Not that I am shocked that he can do it, or shocked that he is worthy, but still shocked! It hasn't all quite sunk in. He's on travel this week and we're in Phoenix for the week of Thanksgiving. So, he misses his first bishopric meeting and his first Sunday in the bishopric.

So, here's to a less shocking and changing week for you all!!

When it time for change, you've got to rearrange! Gotta love the Brady Bunch:

8 comments:

kjha said...

Holy Crap! John's first words were, What about scouts? Mine were 'He'll be great! Email me who fills all the other callings and who got released and stuff...
Now you get to go to HP parties. What a blast :)

Kale said...

Wow well congratulations you now get to live my life only more so. Ken has been the executive secretary in two wards for quite some time now so I can respect what you are headed for. Take care!

Nancy said...

What great experiences lie ahead for you both....spiritually and personally as you grow in faith, compassion, understanding, etc. Nate will do a great job, and you will able to support him in all the ways he will need you to. And I have to agree with kjha..."HP parties. What a blast:)" Even at in my greatly advanced years, I can't stretch my imagination far enough to call them much better than an enjoyable evening out ;)! Love to you both....

The HousewifeTravels said...

Holy Heck Batman! You thought you had it bad with scouts and travel. Maybe this will actually be less work than scouts. Congrats.

Amy said...

Okay that clip is hilarious! I'm actually happy for your family. You need a calling break and I can't think of a kinder, more even-tempered person to help lead the ward. This will bring great blessings to your home and family!

Oh and I'm with Ronelle, this will be less work than scouts!

theloulie said...

I was thinking that getting a temple recommend interview w/him would be kinda weird, not bad, just weird :)

He'll do a great job. Good luck to you both.

Lupe said...

Congrats on your..umm N8's new calling! I love that Brady episode!!

turning about said...

You have to love the Brady Bunch! Yep you definately have a time to change going on right now. N8 will do great!