Saturday, February 14, 2009

Do you have a Valentine?


Valentine's Day is an interesting holiday in my opinion. N8 and I tell each other we love each other all the time and we regularly have a date night. So the difference is he gets me flowers (which of course I won't complain about), I love fresh flowers. We also get each other a small gift. This year I found a Peruvian Cookbook. We're going to have to spend some time finding some recipes that I can make. Nate got me a new mouse for my laptop. I had really been wanting a wireless laptop mouse.

I made those fun Valentine's tiles for Bud and Emma's teachers and for the sisters I visit teach. I didn't make any treats this year. Maybe today!!

In other news, Mo is continuing to figure out how to climb onto things! His latest feat is climbing on a chair to better reach the piano. He also like to steal the apple corer out of the drawer, put it on the floor and stand on it to gain an inch or two. This way he can see into the drawers to grab things out!!


BTW, I am actually sitting at the piano! I haven't done that for a while. But I was asked to play at our adult session of stake conference. Our music chair calls me every time there is a stake function and they need someone to play. I finally broke down and said ok.

Yesterday we went down to Lancaster for an eye appointment for myself. I needed new contacts and glasses. While we were there we got to enjoy a little blizzard!! It snowed quite a bit for about 2 hours. Of course then the sun came back out and it was all gone again. By the time we left there were no signs of snow and only small puddles remained!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah, and isn't it wild to drive that far away and then run into someone you know?! *wink*

theloulie said...

An apple corer doesn't sound like something I would want to stand on-its amazing what kids will find to climb with. I can't believe you drove through a blizzard -crazy!

turning about said...

Cute tiles! Very good idea for the teachers gifts! I was hoping again for the snow to come here, but my dreams rarely come true, so that is okay!

Nancy said...

Cute kid. Cute tiles. Great idea for bedtime charts....I'll be passing that idea on to Becki!...We're getting snow today, but not a blizzard. Darn! I'd like some wild weather. Mostly just want you to know I check your blog and keep track of you!

Merry said...

Cute tiles! Your little one is too funny!

I totally missed any signs of snow. That's OK I am really ready for spring!!!