Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why didn't we do this sooner?

So, one of the suggestions that our Pediatrician made for helping Bud was having a morning and bedtime routine list. On Monday for Family Home Evening (or as Emma calls it Family Home Meeting!!) we made Bud and Emma's lists. My kids have never been so excited to get ready for bed! Bedtime hasn't really been a struggle, but they've never really been excited. As for the morning, it hasn't really sped up Bud, but is has decreased the nagging significantly! Now if I could just get Emma to eat her breakfast without a fight!




6 comments:

Megan said...

It's amazing how closely those resemble ones we've used in years past! Great job! I have a friend who took pictures of her kids doing those things and then put them in little albums. Then, they see themselves AND get to turn the page for what's next! :)

Andrea said...

Those are so cute! My boys always called it family home meeting too, or they used to think when I shortened it to FHE, I was saying FAG...Um, no....Ryan has been doing really well on his medication and I think that we are going to be able to get away with staying with this first medication and on the lowest dose too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that anyways...Maybe I'll try a chart like taht for Ryan too, it can't hurt...

kjha said...

Those are cute. We do something like that so now all we have to say is: Go do your list. Nice! We've cut pictures out of magazines before and made our pages. Right now we're on a point system with rewards at the end of the week. If they have a perfect day they get extra rewards (or bonus points if they're low another day). Anyway, glad it's working!

Kim said...

This is a great idea! I should make on eof these for myself to get me going in the morning.

Amy said...

Very clever! I like how Benjamin's morning routine include SOCKS! LOL

Merry said...

Cute charts! I have a chart too only it's a road with a car that will advance along the road as they complete each task. Until they finally reach the finish line! I got the idea from Super Nanny!