Monday, August 17, 2009

A couple of new things...

A couple of weeks ago I entered a giveaway on the Mormonchic message boards for a quietbook. The next week I got an email that I had won! Today I got it in the mail. It's about 34 pages and called "My Story of Jesus". A ward in KS made it and the women who runs Mormonchic had a few extra. She will hopefully be putting a pdf up so we can make some more!

I saw a glass dry erase board last week and then saw a vinyl calendar on etsy and had to try and make one myself! I initially wanted a whole month, but decided with the frame I had to do a two week one (more writing space!). I like how it turned out. I haven't decided if I'll leave it without anything behind or if I'll add fabric. We'll see.


This will be my next project.

I got it at a garage sale this weekend. It hard to tell in the picture but it's a galvanized metal magazine rack. It's large (like 4-5 feet tall). It now has one coat of black spray paint and needs another. I think it will become the place for the kids papers and stuff, plus magnets to stick up their artwork. We'll see since N8's not thrilled with it!

Bud starts 2nd grade tomorrow so we'll see if the project time increases or decreases! I also started trying some metal stamping and birthstone necklaces. I can't post pics though since they're going to be Christmas gifts! Happy crafting and good luck on the new school year to all.
How will you be spending your days with the kiddos away at school?

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I think I'm gonna spend my time doing secret Christmas gift crafts too! Love your calendar, I saw one on a blog a few weeks ago, so so cute.

racheebabe said...

I love the idea of a magazine rack. You'll have to spruce it up really nice and convince Nate to let you keep it!

theloulie said...

All very cool! I think the magazine rack will be great!

kjha said...

Wow...everything is so cute! I haven't been on Mormonchic in forever...I'll have to check it out again. Good luck to Benjamin!

Merry said...

Cool projects! I am interested in that quiet book. Let me know when they post more about it.

turning about said...

I have a list that is too long of things to do while the kids are in school! Right now just organizing my home will be a big one. Good luck with all the crafts.

loricjensen said...

Wow, second grade. It does seem busier, even though two kids are gone all day. The house IS cleaner and dinner actually gets cooked, but maybe it's time to pull out those crafts I've put on hold for so long. Thanks for the inspiration!

Stacie said...

Your calendar turned out awesome!! Great JoB!! And...LoVe your Chore Clipboards. Sooo CuTe!! Do you mind if I feature them on my blog if I link back to yours? Thanks a bunch! Stacie