
Sometimes that's what I have to tell myself! Sometimes more than others and sometime less. Getting through the first week of school I felt like the engine wasn't going to make it to the top of the mountain. So far it seems like Bud's teacher is great. She's been patient and willing to talk to me after class about how his day has gone. But he has had his name on the board, punched 2 kids during class and had his card flipped. I'm hoping that was all part of the first week jitters and is all out of his system! Ok, that might be wishful thinking but I can hope!
We're now starting our homework routine. It will be a little different this year. One packet will come home on Monday, plus math will come home everyday and be due the following day. The packet this week was pretty simple. It was a nice start!

This week our FHE activity we decided to go check out the
Ridgecrest Gymnastics Academy. We didn't sign Bud up for soccer this year. He just wasn't very into it. I think an individual sport will be better for him at this point. So we're going to sign Bud and Emma up for one class a week. Bud will be in a boys only class (ages 6 and up) with a male teacher. Emma will be in a 3 and 4 year old class. I'm excited and so is Emma. She was actually in tears last night because she couldn't stay and go do gymnastics! Bud is nervous. He said "I don't know how to do any of it". Emma reassured him "that's why they have teachers!". It should be good.
5 comments:
I always wanted to do gymnastics as a kid! They will have so much fun.
Stacey Harvey has had her daughter there for over a year now and really likes it. I'm a big fan of individual sports--they're a good self-esteem builder!
I'm sure they'll be great. They are already little acrobats!
Yay! I'm way excited.
I was in gymnastics for awhile when I was Bud's age, I enjoyed it even though I was no good at it.
Post a Comment