This weekend we decided it was high time we drove on up to northern California to visit my sisters family. It had been a year since I had been up there and a year and a half for N8. We always have a blast up there. We stay up WAY too late and play cards, we shop til we drop and get a temple trip in. This time was no exception! We started off the trip with a marathon shopping day! She has a great outlet mall about 5 minutes from her house. We made our first round through the outlets in the morning hitting all of the kids clothing stores and the Crocs outlet. I totally scored there with new Crocs for all 3 kids plus some for a few kids here in the ward! Then we met up with my aunt, uncle and a few cousins who were in town for the weekend as well and walked the rest of the outlet for the afternoon. That evening we of course played cards. N8 totally whooped up on Scum and was president almost the entire time!
On Saturday morning we left the kids with my older niece and nephew and headed over to the Oakland temple. We had a stack of sealings that we needed to get done. It was nice to be there together and do the work.
That evening while my brother in law worked on his sacrament meeting talk, we headed to Jamba Juice for a drink and over to a city park. All of their parks are awesome!! Ridgecrest has nothing that even compares to the parks that they have! The weather was great and the kids had a blast.
On Sunday we all went to church. Mo even went into nursery without a fight! Ray spoke in sacrament meeting and did a great job. We played more games Sunday to finish out our trip. The kids loved playing with the cousins and playing the "you" game (a.k.a. the Wii, Emma calls it the you game!). This morning she told me we need to go to the store and get one of those "you" games. I don't think I'll be convincing N8 anytime soon!!
Going up there makes me realize that Ridgecrest could really use some things-better parks, more shopping (although I realize this on an almost daily basis!), and more family!!


6 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun! We'd love to get up there sometime...just a little too far!
Oh. And it's NOT Northern California ;)
sounds like a blast. Also reminded that I need some vinyl...I'll be calling you...
You made me realize that I need to get up there for some shopping, too, but even better with the all- time bargain finder, YOU!! It sounded like a great vacation. Can I borrow your sister, niece and nephew? :)
Fun! I loved the park pictures. :) We are a 2-minute walk to Pearson and haven't been there once since we moved back. Everytime I think about it, it's too dang hot!
Glad you guys had fun.
Looks like lots of fun! I think I might need some vinyl stuff too.
And I will just keep my mouth shut about what Ridgecrest needs... :)
Post a Comment