Saturday we got to celebrate and have a baby shower for Kim. Kim is my cousin's wife and are our closest family. I was so excited to through a baby shower and thankful for Megan's help with it. Since I had already done some Fall decorating I decided to go with fall decorations. And since it was at 10am we went with brunch foods. All in all, it was pretty darn fun!
I failed to take too many pictures except for the food and a few decorations!!
I made 3 different kinds of muffins:
Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake muffins (from Bakerella)

The Awesome-est Blueberrry Muffins & Blueberry Yogurt Sauce (from Pioneer Women):

Snickerdoodle Muffins (from The Sister's Cafe):

I think the Snickerdoodle Muffins were the favorite of the 3. Megan also made 2 kinds of muffins using a basic muffin batter recipe.
She made Triple Berry Jam and Applesauce Muffins


At the shower we played a few fun games (a candy bar game & name those TV families). We also made a Baby's first ABC book. I use 8x8 pages and put a letter on each page. Each person that came to the shower was asked to draw a picture for a page and sign her name. I'm going to laminate and bind the book (we have 2 more pages to do)!



We had a wonderful turnout and Kim got some great things to start off with. Her mother-in-law (my aunt) and Ricky's aunt also surprised Kim by driving over from Las Vegas for the shower. Kim was totally shocked! It was a lot of fun!

I failed to take too many pictures except for the food and a few decorations!!
I made 3 different kinds of muffins:
Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake muffins (from Bakerella)
The Awesome-est Blueberrry Muffins & Blueberry Yogurt Sauce (from Pioneer Women):
Snickerdoodle Muffins (from The Sister's Cafe):
I think the Snickerdoodle Muffins were the favorite of the 3. Megan also made 2 kinds of muffins using a basic muffin batter recipe.
She made Triple Berry Jam and Applesauce Muffins
At the shower we played a few fun games (a candy bar game & name those TV families). We also made a Baby's first ABC book. I use 8x8 pages and put a letter on each page. Each person that came to the shower was asked to draw a picture for a page and sign her name. I'm going to laminate and bind the book (we have 2 more pages to do)!
We had a wonderful turnout and Kim got some great things to start off with. Her mother-in-law (my aunt) and Ricky's aunt also surprised Kim by driving over from Las Vegas for the shower. Kim was totally shocked! It was a lot of fun!
5 comments:
You always throw the best parties! Can't wait to try some of these muffins.
wow, that's a whole lot of muffins....yum.
ooooo! My xylophone made the cut for pictures! woot, woot!
You and Megan did a great job! I love the baby book idea and eating muffins.
It was the best! You are the best! Everything was beautiful and yummy. In three words- a wonderful day. Thank you!
Post a Comment