I like to be on time. I do not like to forget things that I'm suppose to get done or places I'm suppose to be. I am grateful to my parents for teaching me to be on time, it makes life a lot less stressful! But being on time or remembering appointments and things happening on a given day doesn't just magically happen. Most people use some sort of calendar to aid in remembering events. I don't have one calendar- I have 3 that I use on a regular basis and 3 on a semi regular basis! I maybe need to cut back, what do you think!!
So N8 and I both use google calendar. I love google calendar. I love that you can create a color coded calendar for different types of events. We have: Rachel's, Kid Stuff, Church, Work, Compassionate Service, Family & Nate. On top of that google now has a weather, phases of the moon and holiday application you can add (they also have all sorts of add ons for sports teams, BYU and Utah state are both there) !! I don't think we could fit everything into a written calendar!

I also have a calendar that the kids use. It's on the fridge and we have magnets that have a small picture to represent their activities or things they need to know are happening. We have magnets for things like: music makers, church, the temple, N8 on travel, gymnastics, preschool, birthdays, etc. Then we have a red square that goes around whatever day it is. This calendar has really help when we have had a vacation or birthday coming up. We can just point to the calendar and it the kids can see exactly when it's happening.

I also have my vinyl dry erase calendar. This one I put the basics on for me to see as I walk by throughout the day. We also put a running Costco list or Bud's spelling/vocabulary words at the bottom so we can quiz him throughout the week.

My other 3 calendars don't get used as frequently. I have a calendar up on the wall by my phone. Its purpose is mainly for the date & flex friday's at a quick glance (N8 gets every other Friday off work). Then I also have a homemade birthday calendar that I use for reference. My pocket PC (it's like a Palm) also has a calendar so I can have one with me in my purse.
Sometimes I think it's out of control. Other times I'm grateful that I have found what works for me, even if it involves a crazy number of calendars! Keeping our activities organized and on time keeps me sane. I feel like we have so many things to remember and I know as our children get older it is just going to get worse!
What are some of your tricks to keeping up on your agenda/calendar/thing to do and places to be?
So N8 and I both use google calendar. I love google calendar. I love that you can create a color coded calendar for different types of events. We have: Rachel's, Kid Stuff, Church, Work, Compassionate Service, Family & Nate. On top of that google now has a weather, phases of the moon and holiday application you can add (they also have all sorts of add ons for sports teams, BYU and Utah state are both there) !! I don't think we could fit everything into a written calendar!

I also have a calendar that the kids use. It's on the fridge and we have magnets that have a small picture to represent their activities or things they need to know are happening. We have magnets for things like: music makers, church, the temple, N8 on travel, gymnastics, preschool, birthdays, etc. Then we have a red square that goes around whatever day it is. This calendar has really help when we have had a vacation or birthday coming up. We can just point to the calendar and it the kids can see exactly when it's happening.
I also have my vinyl dry erase calendar. This one I put the basics on for me to see as I walk by throughout the day. We also put a running Costco list or Bud's spelling/vocabulary words at the bottom so we can quiz him throughout the week.
My other 3 calendars don't get used as frequently. I have a calendar up on the wall by my phone. Its purpose is mainly for the date & flex friday's at a quick glance (N8 gets every other Friday off work). Then I also have a homemade birthday calendar that I use for reference. My pocket PC (it's like a Palm) also has a calendar so I can have one with me in my purse.
Sometimes I think it's out of control. Other times I'm grateful that I have found what works for me, even if it involves a crazy number of calendars! Keeping our activities organized and on time keeps me sane. I feel like we have so many things to remember and I know as our children get older it is just going to get worse!
What are some of your tricks to keeping up on your agenda/calendar/thing to do and places to be?
9 comments:
I keep my "brain"/planner with me at all times. It schedules school projects, appointments, FHE, when rebates are due back in my pocket, what lesson to teach, etc. If it's not in there, it honestly doesn't happen. Spencer has learned to have his stuff written in there or he doesn't get to do it. I have a calendar hanging on the wall but it's mostly for the artwork and at-a-glance dates.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a million calendars...
1 on the fridge
1 for Jane
1 in my handheld planner
1 on the wall for birthdays
1 in the cupboard for the menu of the month
and 1 in my head that I hope continues to work!
LOVE the Google calendar idea--I'll have to check that out. I basically operate on two--the kitchen wall calendar and my little daily planner. Maybe if I use more calendars I could start being better about punctuality.
I use Outlook. It's similar to Google calendars, but I like it better, since you can set reminders to pop up to remind you of things.
I'm glad I don't have so many calendars-- I don't know how you keep it all up!
You are calendar crazy! I have a calendar that I write in, when I remember. I also have reminder cards lurking everywhere. My system is messed up! But surprisingly, I rarely forget about things coming up. I should rely less on my brain though, considering I'm just getting older! Kudos to you for your organization, I've always admired that about you!
You inspire me! I love calendars. I love lists. Nothing brings me greater joy than to be able to cross things off. I'm thrilled about the vinyl calendar and can't wait to expirement with the google calendar. Funny wht little things bring such excitement!
I have a paper calendar next to our phone. We also use Google calendar to track familiy events. I have a planner to keep track of all my work appointments, but I haven't seen it in a few weeks. Mostly, I keep track of things in my head, which has worked great for now. We'll see how I do after the baby comes.
I checked out google calendar after reading this and I love it. I love that it will send me e-mail reminders. I love that I can just click it to repeat weekly or monthly or bi-weekly even. Love the color coding. There is no way that I could fit everything on my dry erase calendar. Thanks for the tips.
I checked out google calendar after reading this and I love it. I love that it will send me e-mail reminders. I love that I can just click it to repeat weekly or monthly or bi-weekly even. Love the color coding. There is no way that I could fit everything on my dry erase calendar. Thanks for the tips.
Post a Comment