Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bud is 7!

7 years ago today in the wee hours of the morning my little guy was born! I can't really believe that it has been 7 years.

So each year we've had a little party to celebrate this special day. Sometime it's has been bigger than other, but always just as special.

This was the most special, the day he came into the world:


For his 1st birthday we went to the park and had a ball!


The 1st birthday cake!!


He didn't get much better at eating cake the next year (2 years old):


His 3rd birthday was in the backyard with friends:


As for any kids opening presents is always fun (year 4):


He got a fish tank that now acts as a nightlight when he turned 5!


And pirates took over for his 6th!


This year we decided to try out bowling. It's the way to go if you don't want to take any time planning! His party size has consistently gotten smaller but we had a fun time with Simon and Jonny (as well as Emma and Mo)!

I had fun making goodie bags:


I think bowling was a great way to celebrate! The kids had a fun time and there was little planning and no clean-up for me!





8 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Fun! I didn't realize how much Bud and Mo look alike!! You throw such good parties!

Kim said...

Looks like fun. Love the pictures and video of kids bowling, so cute!

kjha said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin! I remember coming to see him in the hospital. We also played with the green puzzle just today and thought about him...how appropriate. I also remember the ball party. If I remember right, the men were more interested in watching the cranes at Home Depot :).

Amy said...

Looks like fun! I love the bags. I guess his party list gets smaller because everyone keeps moving away:( We miss you guys so much! It kind of made me teary to realize that we have been at all of his parties until 5. I can't wait to see you guys again!

turning about said...

Sounds like his birthday was a success, he told me all about it at Galloping Gators on Thursday. Hard to believe these kids are getting so big.

Verity said...

What a great kid! I'm glad he had a good birthday!

theloulie said...

Simon had a great time, the bags turned out really cute!

loricjensen said...

I remember all those fun times. What a cute boy! I agree that bowling was the best party EVER for 7 year olds!