Tonight we had an early Valentine's Day celebration and boy did we have a blast. Ronelle found a cute blog that had an awesome Valentines date idea. It was a fun group date (we had 6 couples) that was themed like The Amazing Race. It took a bit of planning, but was well worth it!
I was assigned the shirt making and here's what I came up with:

Our husbands all met at the church to begin the date. Some went knowing a tidbit of what was going on. Others were completely lied to about why they were showing up at the church!! It was there that they were given their first clue:

Then they found the 2nd clue and their shirts:

Next they were off to the local skate park, where they showed their skills on a scooter!





Then they found supplies to make each of us a Valentines Day card.
The next one was my personal favorite. A music video to Hannah Montana!! I'll hopefully get a copy of that video!
Lastly, they had been given $1.10 in pennies and were to get a gift and flowers for each of us. They were given the stipulation of not purchasing flowers and here's what they came up with!

While they were doing all of this, we were helping decorate and prepare an amazing dinner. Rachel did such a great job and it all tasted amazing! We had steak, roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus, bread, artichoke dip and yummy chocolate cake!



I was assigned the shirt making and here's what I came up with:
Our husbands all met at the church to begin the date. Some went knowing a tidbit of what was going on. Others were completely lied to about why they were showing up at the church!! It was there that they were given their first clue:

Then they found the 2nd clue and their shirts:

Next they were off to the local skate park, where they showed their skills on a scooter!
Then they found supplies to make each of us a Valentines Day card.
The next one was my personal favorite. A music video to Hannah Montana!! I'll hopefully get a copy of that video!
Lastly, they had been given $1.10 in pennies and were to get a gift and flowers for each of us. They were given the stipulation of not purchasing flowers and here's what they came up with!

While they were doing all of this, we were helping decorate and prepare an amazing dinner. Rachel did such a great job and it all tasted amazing! We had steak, roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus, bread, artichoke dip and yummy chocolate cake!
8 comments:
So. much. fun! Thanks for all your hard work... and all the videos in your post.
It was an awesome night, We had so much fun! Thanks again for the shirts!
Can I just say that every time I think I'm over missing all of you people you go and do something so much fun like this!!! Ohwell...that's life!
So much fun! Can't wait to see what the guys do next time! It was a blast. P.S> We miss you too Kathryn.
You all are WAY! too creative. How fun!!
SOOO CUTE! I am cracking up! Looks like you had so much fun...I was glad to read about it!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fun idea!
This made me sad...that is not my house anymore...I miss you guys. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment