About 2 1/2 weeks ago for FHE we had a lesson of faith and then planted some seeds. We've done something like this in the past, but this time the seeds were going to be put into our garden. Here's what we started with:

We planted a wide variety for us: cucumbers, cantaloupe, pumpkin, squash, beans, bell pepper & jalapeno,
This is what they looked like this morning:

The beans were really ready to be out of their little peat pots and into the ground. So I added some more soil and a bag of manure to our little garden:

And started planting! The both peppers aren't ready so they're still waiting and I also planted some radish and carrot seeds. We're still debating making another little box so we have more space for tomatoes, peppers and whatever else we decide to try. But for now this is it:

We'll see if they last. I only planted about 1/2 of the starts we had. We just don't have that much space. Plus neither N8 or I really have a green thumb and chances are things are going to die! My Grandma was an awesome gardener and my mom for sure inherited that from her. Unfortunately I didn't! But we're hoping that this is our year for more success. We know we can do tomatoes and peppers, but we're ready to branch out.
Any gardens started out there? or plans for those still buried under snow?
We planted a wide variety for us: cucumbers, cantaloupe, pumpkin, squash, beans, bell pepper & jalapeno,
This is what they looked like this morning:
The beans were really ready to be out of their little peat pots and into the ground. So I added some more soil and a bag of manure to our little garden:
And started planting! The both peppers aren't ready so they're still waiting and I also planted some radish and carrot seeds. We're still debating making another little box so we have more space for tomatoes, peppers and whatever else we decide to try. But for now this is it:
We'll see if they last. I only planted about 1/2 of the starts we had. We just don't have that much space. Plus neither N8 or I really have a green thumb and chances are things are going to die! My Grandma was an awesome gardener and my mom for sure inherited that from her. Unfortunately I didn't! But we're hoping that this is our year for more success. We know we can do tomatoes and peppers, but we're ready to branch out.
Any gardens started out there? or plans for those still buried under snow?
3 comments:
We're still dreaming! I like your idea of combining it with FHE. Might have to copy you once again!
Ah...I totally thought those were some awesomely yummy cupcakes at first. Now I'm bummed... :)
I would have loved to have a garden here, but we weren't around in the summers and now it is too late! Yours looks good!
Post a Comment