- Family
- Baking
- Crafting
This weekend my sister and her family popped in for Friday afternoon and Saturday! We always have such a great time visiting and playing games. Here are the adults and teens during a brief break from playing nerts!! The kids were enjoying a movie. 
We had so much fun that this was only one of 3 pictures I took this weekend. The other two were of food!!
I love finding fun simple new recipes to try out, especially when they're for dessert!! I recently subscribed to Southern Living
I obviously don't live in the South, but I enjoy the decorating ideas and there are some really yummy recipes!! This one is for Banana Bread Cobbler!! It is super duper yummy and easy to make!!

Ingredients for batter
Crafting is an outlet for me. I'm not very good at sewing, but I enjoy it. I enjoy starting a project and finishing it. Most of the crafts I do are not time consuming, so I see a quick result!
Recently a friend of mine saw the pictures of one of the car seat canopy's and asked if I wanted to try selling them at her hair salon. I decided to give it a shot! It gives my an excuse to find super cute fabric and sew more!! I also decided to make a nursing cover attachment. That way you can just clip your car seat canopy on and keep your self covered up while nursing. It's just a ribbon with 2 suspender clips sewn on either end.



We had so much fun that this was only one of 3 pictures I took this weekend. The other two were of food!!
I love finding fun simple new recipes to try out, especially when they're for dessert!! I recently subscribed to Southern Living
Ingredients for batter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 medium-size ripe bananas, sliced
- Streusel Topping
- Vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients just until blended; whisk in melted butter. Pour batter into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with banana slices, and sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
Ingredients for Struesel- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preparation
Stir together brown sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly, using a fork. Stir in oats and pecans.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream.
(I left out the pecans and used 1 1/2 cups of oats)
(I left out the pecans and used 1 1/2 cups of oats)
Crafting is an outlet for me. I'm not very good at sewing, but I enjoy it. I enjoy starting a project and finishing it. Most of the crafts I do are not time consuming, so I see a quick result!
Recently a friend of mine saw the pictures of one of the car seat canopy's and asked if I wanted to try selling them at her hair salon. I decided to give it a shot! It gives my an excuse to find super cute fabric and sew more!! I also decided to make a nursing cover attachment. That way you can just clip your car seat canopy on and keep your self covered up while nursing. It's just a ribbon with 2 suspender clips sewn on either end.
6 comments:
Great idea! You're gonna end up like the Baby Einstein lady.
I'm considering having another baby just so I can get one of these! :)
Cute idea with the canopy cover... you are quite industrious! My neighbor sells Southern Living. I have a couple of cook books and an organization book of theirs!
I would have never thought of banana bread cobbler. Yum! That car seat canopy just keeps getting better and better! I hope you get some sold; you deserve it! Sooo cute.
Fun, you are talented!
Good luck on selling them! I'd buy one, but I'm too crafty...I want to make my own!!
Post a Comment