Saturday, January 11, 2014

1993 Time Capsyle

While I was in Phoenix at my dads house, my sister and I went through a bunch of stuff. A little cleaning up and clearing out.
One little gem we found was a Time Capsule from 1993!!
I must have made it at a mutual activity. Here's a bit of what was inside:
An all about me page
Some pretty fabulous pictures, including this one that needs a little explanation:
For a mutual activity the youth we put into groups and given a list of ward members they had to find in the mall. The ward members were dressed up so they were more difficult to find. My mom an I were a couple, this would obviously not fly these days given her cross dressing and my immodest dress! Still one of the funnest and funniest memories with my mom (I was eleven a the time!).
Me and my best friend Randi!

Me, my cat Emily, Mark & I as he was leaving on his mission, My grandparents, mutual activity, Lucy's baby blessing and my other grandparents:
Newspaper clippings of things I was "into" including: Country music (my mom took Randi and to a Reba concert!), the Phoenix Suns and Christian Slater!
A random magazine picture of 2 prom dresses I'm assuming I liked at the time:
A cassete tape I still need to listen to:
And my favorite candy: Butterfinger, bubble yum and atomic fire balls! I wonder what they would taste like now!
And a bassoon reed (I played the bassoon from 6th to 12th grade!)
So fun to look through and remember all of these things. I'm interested in what the tape will have on it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I see so much Emma (especially the hair) in the picture with Randi! Wow! (And, you dug the waterfall style dresses back then, eh?!)

Amy said...

This is one of the best things I've read in a while! The bassoon? So great!