My family doesn't get together for Christmas. It's hard with children to pack up and travel with Christmas. So, we tend to get together for New Years (or the week after Christmas!).
I have decided my family does not believe in relaxing vacations. They (this includes N8) like to be busy active and always doing something. I love it, but at some point I think I need to try a relaxing vacation!
We started our trip leaving the afternoon after Christmas and hit horrible traffic through Redlands. We ended up following Darth Vader for quite some time. Henry thought it was awesome!!
We got to my dad's house about 9:30pm and my brother's family had only been there for a little while. Plans were soon made for a hike the next day to South Mountain Park in Phoenix to a place called Fat Man's Pass. True Phoenix desert, cactus, rocks, views- it was great!
And of course "fat man's pass"! It's a skinny pass between two large rocks (you can go around if you choose as well).
The next day we headed to a indoor wave pool (I have vowed to my sister to never forget my bathing suit again). We unknowingly kit the swimming with Santa day! The kids (and adults) had a blast!
After swimming we decided to head out and get some dinner. While driving to Fudruckers N8 and I decided Henry was having enough trouble breathing, we needed to get him into an urgent care. On top of that he was warm and lethargic.
Turns out he needed a breathing treatment and had an ear infection!
Antibiotics and a good night sleep helped but more was to come...
Antibiotics and a good night sleep helped but more was to come...














1 comment:
Things I like about this post: the storm trooper car carrying Darth Vader and tall Saguaros. Thing I didn't like about this post: Henry's sad little sick face. I hate it when my little friend isn't happy. Thing I LOVE about this post: Watching you almost do a spit take when I told you about Spencer's comment about the pool picture. It still makes me LOL, too!
Post a Comment