Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just keep swimming, what do we do we swim, swim...

So, Who knew kids could be so frustrating when it comes to swimming lessons. Well, and who knew swim lesson teachers, if you could call them that, could be so frustrating as well!!

So we've been doing swimming lessons for the past week. Emma and I are doing parent/tot. Bud didn't get into his level so he's just been hanging out on the side. The first couple of days were great. Emma was willing to get in the water and do most of what I wanted her to. This week has been a wreck though. Yesterday the water was frigid, 72 degrees. So, the kids played in the kiddy pool while our "teacher" gave us a variety of instructions on CPR and rescue breathing. Come to find out none of it was really quite correct. Then she decided we could get into the big pool for a whopping 5 minutes!! So, this morning Emma didn't even want to get in. I did finally get her in, once our "teacher" decided to show up to class and she pitched a fit. Then she wanted to get out to supposedly jump back in. Well, she never got back in. She ran away from the pool and I wasn't able to get her back into the water. It's all a joke I've decided. Benjamin did so well for his parent/tot class. Now of course he is deathly afraid of the water! I just want them to be safe.
Here's Bud when he was 9 months in parent/tot swimming lessons. So happy in the water. What happened!!


4 comments:

jeremyandleslie said...

Your kids are so cute! Love that we both have Emma's! The picture of Bud in his shades is too cute! I"m going to add you to my blog so I can check it more often - hope that's ok! Love the connection we made today!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are too adorable! I hope swim lessons get better for you.

Lupe said...

Love those pics! Sorry to hear about the swim lessons. I hope it gets better or you get a new instuctor.

ps2

n8'swife said...

We pretty well ended up giving up on lessons. If we do them again I think her daddy gets to take her!!